sábado, 23 de mayo de 2020

Chad Channing does not regret his departure from Nirvana: "It was necessary for the band"


Loading...
Chad Channing does not regret his departure from Nirvana: "I played a small role and I am happy with it"

Nirvana drummer Chad Channing talks about leaving the band

Chad Channing, one of Nirvana's first drummers, has insisted that he has no regrets about his decision to leave the band in the early 1990s.

Channing, who was on the drums between 1988 and 1990, left the band by mutual consent due to difficult artistic differences. While Channing was frustrated at not being an integral part of the songwriting process, it is believed that band members Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic were frustrated with Channing's drumming style during a recording session at Smart Studios.

Channing's decision to leave meant that Dave Grohl quickly replaced him.

When asked by KAOS TV if he regretted the move, Channing replied, “I don't regret it because I always thought things were just getting fixed for some reason. For example, I was that perfect puzzle piece for the band at the time, and then they needed another piece to do other things.

“Our differences were strictly on a musical level. We always stay friends. In fact, I remember the first time I saw them with Dave [Grohl] at this place called OK Hotel. It was the first time I had seen the boys in about a year, and it was really good to see them. It was like, "Hey, how's it going?" He was very friendly. "

Speaking of her relationship with Grohl, Channing continued: “I discovered how good Dave is. So it was really cool to meet him too.

"I have no excuses. I look back on those days and think, 'Wow, I played a little role in something,' so I'm happy with that."

Loading...

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario